“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Beginning of Us.

1. Where did you meet?
We met when I was a sophomore in high school and Damon was a senior. His family had just moved to Lakeview for his dad's job. We met on a Wednesday night a mutual(youth group).

2. What was the 1st thing you said to him?
Are you guys the twins? I had heard his family was moving to town, and I was very excited to hear that they had teenage boys, twin teenage boys!

3. What was your 1st Date?
I don't think we really had a first "date", we just started hanging out with each other. I guess if we did have a first date it probably would have been at the Indian Village, chicken strips with ranch. The best.

4. Where was your 1st Kiss?
In my bedroom, after we had just watched the movie Never Been Kissed. Damon was my very first kiss, 16 and never been kissed.

5. Did we have a long courtship/engagement?
Yes, we dated about a year and a half before Damon left for his mission. Then he was gone for two years. He came home in May 2004, and pretty much when he came home we knew were going to get married. We were engaged about 8 months maybe longer. We were married May 2005.

6. Where did you get engaged?
In Damon's apartment. Damon wasn't big on proposing because he said we already knew we were getting married. I told him that he had to propose, so one night we were hanging around and he just asked me if I would marry him. I said yes of course. I should have told him "no" and make him come up with a better proposal. Knowing Damon he never would have asked me again if I had done that.

7. How did your reception go?
Our receptions were good. We had two because we were married in Utah, so we had one after the wedding, a small luncheon. About a month after we were married we had one in Lakeview. I told my mom she could do whatever she wanted, it turned out very nice and simple. It was fun to see everyone.

8. How was your honeymoon?
It was great! We went to the Oregon coast for a week and my parents had gotten us a condo. We just went sight seeing and hung out at the beach and ate at yummy restaurants. It was just so relaxing just like a honeymoon should be.

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

16 and never been kissed... I didn't know that! You're too cute Siany!

D said...

Hey I was 16 before I got my first kiss too! How old were you Emma?!

EmmaJ said...

I don't have to answer that... 14.

Michelle Tiller said...

Sweet Sian. I now have two blogs to keep up with! You are all looking so well. Hope that you will be coming over next year....
xxxx