“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sophie's Blessing Day...

On August 25th we were able to Sophie's blessing at our house. It was a wonderful occasion and we had many friends come and see this little angel. Sophie was just that an angel, she loves to be held, so she is a happy girl as long as someone is holding her. Damon gave her a wonderful name and blessing, where she was told that she has many wonderful qualities. She is such a special spirit and we feel so blessed to have her in our family.


So this is Nathan and Phyllis Tanner. Nathan was a Mission President for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in England, him and his wife Phyllis became very good friends with my parents almost like family so when I born they asked him to be in my blessing circle. He also was the Sealer who married Damon and I. So we knew that now that we live in Utah that we had to ask if he would be in the circle for Sophie's blessing too. We were so excited and felt very blessed for all of the wonderful people who came to help us celebrate. It was a great gathering.


Sophie with Grandad. She looked so cute in her dress. Damon's mom had made it for Olivia but I'm going to use it for every girl I have and then hopefully they will use it for their kids.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Baby, Beautiful Dress, Beautiful blessing. We blessed Gwenevere at home too. I loved it.

Karen Bell said...

Very cute dress, Sophie looks a lot like Megan to me in that last picture with Sophie and your dad. Weird, it is probably just the picture, I wish we could have come.

Michelle Tiller said...

All looks gorgeous, especially Sophie! xxx