“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Monday, September 6, 2010

A Post Finally!!!

Well I don't even know where to begin, I have been taking a little hiatus from this blog this summer. We have been having a great summer with much of it traveling to Lakeview. Damon just has one test left before he is done, YAY! Graduation for him is on the 22nd of September. He has been applying to nursing jobs everywhere from Utah to Virginia to Texas. We aren't sure where we are going yet.

On the 22nd of August I went to Portland to see if a lower altitude would make a difference for Sophie. I think it did, she seemed to do alot better and was breathing slower and not panting all the time like she does. Damon and I wanted to see if a lower altitude would help as to help our decision as to where he should apply for jobs. It will be a year in October since Sophie was put on oxygen and we still don't have any answers as to why she needs it.

Olivia was able to come to Lakeview on the 16th with my parents and spent a week here before I got to Lakeview from my trip to Portland. She had tons of fun with Nanny and Grandad and was getting lots of attention. They also signed her up for swim lessons which she did quite well in. Olivia will be starting preschool this Wednesday, she is SO excited. Hopefully she does well and actually learns something.

We are heading home to Utah tomorrow and I think Damon will be glad for us to be home. This last weekend has been busy with it being the Lake County Fair and Round-Up, it is a crazy weekend here in Lakeview. I was able to do something rare and go out Friday night without kids and go and catch up with old class mates. It was nice seeing people I hadn't seen in years, but it made me realize how very grateful I am for my life. Well that about sums up what we have been up to.

Oh I almost forgot one of the big things to happen this month is the fact that Sophie is walking!!!! It took her awhile to do it, but now she won't stop and gets into everything! She is so cute though, and says hi to everyone. She really is the sweetest thing and is such a snuggler I just love it.


Now I'll just post some of the photos from this last month, there are tons

Olivia with her swim instrutcer Carlee, she was great, and Olivia loved it!





Olivia riding her first elephant, this was a new attraction at the Lake County fair.

Olivia with her friend Rhianna.

Sophie doing some walking.



The iron lung.

Getting ready to throw out candy for the Labor day parade. My dad pulled the iron lung for the rotary club.

5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

YAY! So glad to see a blog post! The pictures are great. Good luck to Damon with his last test. We love and miss you all, but especially Livi and Sophie. Get a job out here!

Gentrey said...

That's so great that Damon is almost done, but I wish that didn't mean that you may be moving now. :(

Unknown said...

Hurray for a post. I'm so glad to hear that the lower altitude helped. Apply for jobs in Tacoma Washington. We would love to be close to your family. Portland is great too.

It looks like you had a fun summer. I can't wait to see more blogs.

Dani said...

Congrats to Damon! (and you for supporting him through school) I know how great that is to be done!! Good luck choosing your new location! That is one tricky decision.

Michelle Tiller said...

Looks like a fab summer for you guys. Get a job near Emma then when we come out we can see you too!
Really glad Sophie is walking and can't believe how grown up Olivia is looking. Hope she enjoys pre-school. Lots of luck to Damon. Love to you all. Blog soon xxxx