“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First tooth and First day of Kindergarten..

So far this week we have had a quite the eventful week.  On Sunday Olivia lost her first tooth and then today she started Kindergarten.  I was a nervous wreck about her starting school, more I was nervous for her to ride the bus.  True to Olivia fashion though she did great.  I repeated many times what bus she needed to get on to come home and to make sure that she sat by Reagon her neighbor friend.  She had a great time and is excited for the next day.  All day today Olivia was asking me if I was going to cry, well I was doing good until she got on the bus.  Then the tears came.  I just can't believe that she is old enough to be in school.  Now she will always be in school.  No more spontaneous road trips, everything will have to be planned around school breaks.  Today I definitely feel like a grown up.  I'm not just a young mom with young kids, I now have a kid in school!  She loves that she is old enough to go to school.  Oh and you bet after she got on the bus that I drove to the school to make sure she went to the right classroom!

Outfit all ready to go the night before!
Getting ready to go to the bus stop!
Going on the school bus!
Walking to her classroom!
Big smile for her first tooth to fall out!

3 comments:

EmmaJ said...

What style! She is so cute.
Now, it is OK to follow the school bus on the first day to take pictures, but you can't do that tomorrow.

James and Elizabeth said...

She is a doll. I wish I could meet her in person. maybe someday.

Sarah Z said...

This is an exciting new stage of yours & Damons life now that you have a school-aged child! I am counting down may days until then...