“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chicken Pox!

Yup you read it right, Olivia has the chicken pox. I have no idea where she got it from. On Friday morning I took of her night time diaper to find a cluster of blister looking bumps. I showed it to my husband and asked if he thought maybe chicken pox. He told me to just watch them and see if they start to spread. Well I forgot all about them until the afternoon, Livi had just had a bath and as I was drying her off I saw the bumps again and noticed that some were now going down her legs. I called my mom to see what she thought, she told me to give the doctors a call. Well while I was doing that I took her temperature and it was 101 degrees. Our doctor was already gone for the day, but I did talk to a doctor and he told me I should probably take her to the InstaCare. Our doctors office also has a instacare. So I loaded the kids in the car and headed out. At that time Livi was not feeling well, she didn't want to move I could just tell she was not feeling well. Well when the doctor saw her and looked at her bumps she started thinking the same thing. She checked her throat and there where spots in her throat. She had the nurse do a strep test to make sure it wasn't strep. Well that came back negative so the doctor was pretty sure that it is chicken pox. The thing that gets me is that she was vaccinated for them. I guess you can still get them if vaccinated but hopefully it won't be as severe. Our worry now is trying to make sure that Sophie won't get them. She probably will but hopefully not bad. So yeah me and the girls are stuck at home right now. My mom is coming down today and I am so glad. She had this trip planned before Livi got the pox, but now it will be so much help. Livi has been doing really good. Its only at night do they start to bother her. The ones in her mouth really bother her at night. She has some medicine to help numb the mouth so I think that helps a little. They haven't scabbed over yet so we aren't dealing with the itching yet. There really aren't to many, the most are around her bottom. I'm just hoping that if Sophie does get them she gets them soon, because me and the girls are supposed to be going to Key West August 25th and I REALLY want to go.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Give Olivia a hug from me. Chicken Pox aren't fun at all.

Dani said...

That is crazy!! I hope that they pass over your house quickly.

Anonymous said...

oh poor girl!! we wanted to come visiting teaching soon, but i think we will wait a bit! let me know if you need anything. . groceries or whatever!!! good luck =) Heidi

Michelle Tiller said...

Thinking of you all. Hope she gets over them quickly. My godson has had them 3 times so I guess it would be possible if she was vacinated?!!!