“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yellowstone Part 2

I realized that I hadn't finished about our trip to Yellowstone. We really did love it there, and are hoping that next summer we can go again. It is so beautiful. So on our second day into the park we saw bear! We first stopped and looked through a telescope and saw some on a mountain about a mile away. While we were doing that a woman came and told us that about 10 minutes up the road was a grisly momma and two cubs. So we hopped in the car and drove over there. The funny thing about Yellowstone is if you go and you are driving through the park and see a bunch of cars and people with HUGE cameras on the side of the road, you stop. If there are park rangers with them, you get out. The momma bear and cubs were about 400 yards away and the cubs were SO cute. I wish I had a fancy camera with a nice lens so I could get better shots. That's my goal is to go there sometime with a nice camera to get the really good shots. That was probably my highlight from the trip was seeing the cubs. We had such a good time and it was just nice to go away and relax. I'm so glad that my parents have a time share so we can use it, ha ha.



Getting ready to go out for the day.
You can kind of see the cubs right up next to her.



































The buffalo were everywhere.




























5 comments:

Sarah Z said...

How fun! I think the kids would love all the animals...that's crazy the buffalo are all over the road like that! So did Sophie take that last pic of you guys?! Its cute!

The Bell Family said...

Nope, Sophie hasn't quite gotten down how to take photos yet. Give her a month or two. LOL!

EmmaJ said...

Love the family pic! You all look so good. Was Sophie sleeping?

Anonymous said...

Fun trip! I love Yellowstone! And your girls are so cute! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Karen Bell said...

I really like yellowstone, I've been there many times, you should try it in the winter and you can ride snowmobiles through the park. Glad you had fun!