“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Indio, Ca

About a month ago the girls and I packed up the van and headed down to Indio, Ca. It is 30 minutes away from Palm Springs with an elevation of -13ft. The reason for the trip was to see how Sophie would do in low dry heat. It was about a 12 hour drive and I knew I couldn't do that all in one day by myself. So the first day we drove half way to Las Vegas and spent the night. Since my mom was just getting back from England, my dad arranged that she fly into Las Vegas so she could come with me to help me out. Well seeing how my dad hates to be left out of anything he then flew in the day after we got to Indio to Ontario CA which was about 90 minutes away from Indio. The girls were so excited that Nanny and Grandad got to be with us. The resort was GORGEOUS but the weather was miserable. It was SOOOO HOT there, 113 degrees for most days. To say the least we spent LOTS of time in the pool and in our air conditioned condo.

The trip was good though because we were able to see how well Sophie did in low elevation in dry heat. She did really good and was having really good numbers!  We had a fun time and wish that Damon could have been with us, but he had to work. 


Look out Sophie's red face from the heat!

Feeding the ducks that lived in the lagoons at the resort.

Breakfast on the balcony.
Olivia doing one of her many jumps into the pool.
Sophie with Grandad, floating in the pool.
It looks like Olivia is crying in this photo, but she's not, just wiping the water of her face!

5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Olivia looked like she was flying into the pool, no jumping

James and Elizabeth said...

Your parents are awesome. I just love how they love to spend so much time with you guys.

Rachel said...

That's so funny that it was so hot, because Del just got back from L.A. and he said it was freezing there. And it was cold when we went last month too!! and Indo isn't that far from where we were. I guess maybe being closer to the coast really cools things down.

Michelle Tiller said...

Glad you had a good time - looks like fun xxx

Dulcie said...

I hope that doesn't mean that you're moving :-(