“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Friday, January 30, 2009

So like I promised here are some photos of our trip to the U.K. The first one is of Olivia on the way home in the London airport, she likes to put her headbands on herself. Next is a photo of me and Livi with my dad and my grandad. After that we have Livi and Betty, Livi had a great time playing with Betty. Betty did pretty good with putting up with Livi for the most part, sometimes Livi has a hard time understanding boundaries with kiddos younger than her. The last picture is of Livi dancing with some good family friends kids one afternoon. They kept on dancing over and over again to this one song, Olivia loved it. All and all it was nice to see some family and friends but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make the trip again, especially not without Damon. Speaking of Damon, I'm so excited to announce that he got into the nursing program he applied to. He starts Feb. 16, so we'll be packing up very shortly. I'm so proud of him for getting in. With 431 applicants, Damon was one of the 44 who got accepted. He is so excited to get started, after a very long journey will finally be heading in the right direction for his career. The next 18 months will be rough, but very, very worth it.
Oh don't mind my hair in the one photo, I had to go 10 days without using my flatiron, AAAHH.















6 comments:

Karen Bell said...

I like the one with Livi and Betty sleeping in the car it was really funny. That is great that Damon got in! School is hard, but worth it in the end.

Unknown said...

Aloha.
Wow, I'm so glad you found my blog. It's great to hear from you. Tell Damon congrats with being accepted to the nursing program. where will he being studying at?

My husband James is applying to Physical Therapy school. We understand how excited you guys must be. We won't know for a few more months about James' applications be hopefully he'll be accepted somewhere.

Olivia is so cute. She must be a hoot to be around.

We just hand our first little girl on Jan 17th.

EmmaJ said...

I love the picture of Livi and Betty asleep in the car!!!!
Thanks for posting it so I can save it.

Rachel said...

Yay for Damon for getting in! He starts on Del's birthday!

I bet you are exhausted! Traveling always wears me out, and I've never been out of the country!

Michelle Tiller said...

Great pictures Sian. Olivia and Elizabeth look so cute together xxx

NelsonFam said...

What a cute little girl you have! Good to be in touch :)