“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My new Moto.

So we all know how stressful being a mother and wife can be, and I have really been feeling it lately. Maybe its the fact that we've been living with my parents for the last 7 months, but I have just feel like it takes everything I have to make it through the day without totally loosing my temper on Olivia. I love her to pieces and I love the stage she is in, being 2 and a half is a wonderful age, but it can definitely wear on my nerves with all the independence. So I found this quote on someone elses blog and thought that every day I am going to try my hardest to live by this.




I Need To Always Remember
If I had my child to raise all over again, I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
-Diane Loomans




Because at the end of the day all that really matters in my life is this little girls face.

4 comments:

Michelle Tiller said...

Sian, you are a fantastic Mummy. Don't over analyse yourself so much. We all have bad days (sometimes more than we should) but you are doing a brilliant job. You only have to meet Olivia to know that.
Great Moto though, they won't remember us for doing the housework (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!!)
Lots of Love xxxxxxxxxx

Karen Bell said...

That is a really good quote! Do'nt get too hard on yourself too, being pregnant and a with a two year old is not fun (I threw away Alyssa's paci in front of her and never gave her one again) Kids need guidance as well as friendship, it is hard to find that balance. Good luck with your move! It stinks that we won't be in Utah anymore and it stinks that you are moving near your birthday. PS-Jimmy is getting married to Charly I don't know if you have heard it through the grape vine.

Unknown said...

That is a great quote. I'll need to remember that too.

Rohatinsky Family said...

I know what you mean...except I don't have a 2 year old. I love Logan more than anything but I definitely have those days where I feel like I'm going to go crazy. Hang in there. You're a great mom. Vent when you need to- we all understand!! =)