“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another December Another Hospital...

Well we are back in the hospital.  Sophie has pnuemonia again and is in to be monitored to make sure it doesn't get worse.  She is doing good, we arrived here yesterday and so far she hasn't had to have an i.v. put in.  They say that if she keeps drinking she probably won't have to have one.  She did have a fever but that is has gone.  We are hoping that with the antiboitic she is on that she should make a quick recovery.  Well quick for Sophie.  Since she has her underlying breathing problems it will probably be a couple of weeks before she is completley up and running.  If she keeps going like she is and not getting worse hopefully we will only be in here for a few days.  The nice thing is though that this hospital we are in just opened a year ago, and just opened there pediatric floor two months ago.  So everything is brand new and REALLY nice.  Sorry for no pictures Damon forgot to pack my camara.  Hopefully he will bring it for me, so I can get some of Sophie in her hospital gown.  On the plus side since Sophie isn't feeling well I have been getting ALOT more snuggles than usuall, I'm am taking them all.  She is so sweet.  She is pretty terrified every time a nurse or tech comes in though.  They have had to suction her out a few times and that is the worst.  I have to leave the room.  Her screaming and then the gagging she does is just to much for me to handle.  I think Sophie will be very glad when she gets to go home, we all will!

5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Poor thing! Just make sure you don't pick up any HORRIBLE stomach bugs like last year.

Unknown said...

oh no, I'm so sorry for you guys. Poor Sophie. My heart goes out to your family. I hope she can make a quick recovery. You'll be in our prayers.

Sabrina said...

Hope Sophie is feeling better!

Michelle Tiller said...

Hope Sophie gets well soon. Stay strong Siany, she is a very lucky little girl to have a Mummy like you. Lots of love xxxxxx

Cassie said...

Hey Girl! Sorry I've been so MIA, these days. I hope your little one is doing better, that sounds so scary. I will keep her in my prayers, let me know if you need anything!!