“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Church Calling

So on Sunday I recieved a new calling, I'm now the second counslor in the young women presidency. Before I was the secretary in young womens. It is a bitter sweet calling, the main reason for the change in the presidency is the fact that the first counselor is (before the change)battling breast cancer right now. Nini is only 28 years old, and has one of the worst cases of breast cancer you can get. Her and her family have moved to Utah to be closer to family and for her to recieve her treatments. They are planning on being gone a year for treatment. She will be greatly missed in the young womens, she brought so much insight to the group and she has such a powerfull testamony, she has taught me so much in the short amount of time I have known her. I am amazed by her strength, through all the nasty treatment she is going through she still has a smile on her face, and is still able to take care of her 4 small children. Nini is such an inspiration to me, and I am so grateful for our friendship. So like I was saying, we had to do some rearranging. I'm excited for this calling, I love working with the young women, they are so fun to watch and it is great when you can see growth in them. Now I just need to get more creative for my lessons on Sundays.

2 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

Awww....I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Isn't it inspiring to watch how some people rise to the top and have so much faith?!?! I am constantly impressed. I hope she gets well and good luck with your new, fun calling.

EmmaJ said...

Congrats on your new calling! I loved serving in YW. Can't wait to see you in just 48 hours! Don't forget your scissors and stuff!!!!!