“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Damon!

So today is Damon's birthday and he is 25! WOOHOO we can rent a car now. So I planned this great dinner for his birthday, it all started out pretty good. I got a pot boiling with some water and put in some potatoes to boil. Well when Damon came home from work I had to run to the store to get some stuff I needed for the dinner. I forgot to tell Damon about the potatoes that were boiling. I open the door calling for him to help me carry in groceries, but I am quickly distracted by smoke that I am smelling. I ask Damon whats smoking, he hadn't even smelled it. He goes and looks in the kitchen and sees that my potatoes had run out of water and are burnt to the bottom of the pan. I was not very happy about it and it was totally my fault. I had no idea that could even happen. Oh well, I just started all over and made a very yummy dinner without that mishap. My parents got quite that kick out of it. Damon did have a great birthday though.

5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

That's pretty funny! I have done that with pasta... it smells so bad!

EmmaJ said...

Did Damon see the Happy Birthday over on our blog?

Bethany said...

That's funny! I just recently sprayed the oven with oven cleaner and forgot to wipe it out before using it. . . that was a lot of smelly smoke that Matt had to deal with b/c he didn't want the pregnant wife inhaling the fumes. Whoops!

Michelle Tiller said...

At least you tried Sian! It was great seeing you last week. Olivia is gorgeous and we were really pleased to meet her
xxxx

The Bell Family said...

yeah emma, damon did see the blog. he said thanks.