“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Friday, December 18, 2009

Improving...

My mom said to me yesterday that I haven't posted anything on Sophie for a week so I thought I better let you know how she is doing. She is doing much better, in fact as I am typing this she is sleeping in her hospital room breathing room air. She hasn't done that in 2 MONTHS! Her stats are good. So this last week she had another ct scan to see how the lungs were doing and they have improved. We are pretty sure that the steroids she is taking are helping with that. She has had more blood taken the last couple of day for more testing, but so far they have all come back negative. She has been having some really runny diapers so they are watching that to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. We were hoping that maybe that she could go home today but most likely it will be tomorrow, unless she gets too dehydrated. We are so happy though that she is getting better. She will have to go home with some medicine, but hopefully that will only be for a few more weeks. Thank you everyone for all your prayers, they have helped us stay calm during this stressful time and they have helped Sophie get better. Oh and the doctors still aren't quite sure what made her sick they are thinking that it was a viral infection.

3 comments:

Michelle Tiller said...

That is great news for all of you (especially Sophie!). You must be so relieved. Well done for staying so strong, you are a fabulous Mummy xxx

Sarah Z said...

I guess I could've read this for an update, but a phone call is MUCH more personal right?! I LOVE the blog makeover! See you soon.

Karen Bell said...

I'm so glad that she is getting better! being home will be good for both of you I'm sure.