“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Monday, December 7, 2009

Primary Childrens Hospital..

So this morning we wake up to some snow, Damon and Livi go out and shovel it (I'll post photos of that later). When Damon came back in, I was trying to get Sophie's oxygen stats, and I couldn't get it to go above 84, so Damon took over the reigns and he couldn't get it any higher either. We raised her oxygen level and waited about 15 minutes and checked it again and it still wouldn't go higher, at that point we are thinking that the machine we have must not be working well so we decide that we better take her into our doctors office just to be safe. We take her in and they can't get a reading higher than 85, not good. So the doctor decides that he wants to do an x-ray on her. Well the x-ray comes back and shows that it could be a few things, pneumonia, respiratory virus, or maybe even something to do with her heart. Well we bump up her oxygen and again and see that her stats aren't getting better. So Damon and I decide that we better take her to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. That is where we are now, Sophie has been admitted, and tomorrow they are going to do a echo gram of her heart to make sure that is working properly and we will go from there. I am assuming that she will be having lots of tests done, but hopefully we will be able to figure out exactly why she just can't get off the oxygen. I will keep you all updated, the hospital has wireless so I have a laptop here. Hopefully in the next couple of days we will have some good news.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness Sian this is so scary! I really hope they figure out what is wrong and she can get better soon!

I'll be praying for you guys...

Catherine Call said...

So sorry, guys! We'll be praying for you!

Love from Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!

Cat (Steve's sister) ;)

Julie said...

I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. Waiting and not knowing are the hardest! You're in such a good place to take care of her though! Keep us updated. She'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

The Bell Family said...

Cat, I know who you are! Thanks everyone!

Unknown said...

Your poor little girl. My heart goes out to you guys. I think about Sophie constantly and just about cry when i imagine what she is going through. As a parent you probably feel like you're going through hell, thankfully Angels are watching over you and your family.

You're in our prayers. And I keep looking for updates.

Rohatinsky Family said...

Awww! I'm so sorry. You guys are great parents and in a good place to have her taken care of. Good luck and definitely keep us posted. She will be in our prayers.