“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update..

I thought I would post a pregnancy photo of me, I really don't like getting photos taken while I'm pregnant I just think I look yucky. I had Damon take a photo of me though after church last Sunday because I was feeling cute. He didn't get my shoes but I had some really cute ones on that I got from England a couple of years ago. I'm 30 weeks prego in this photo, I'm now 31. I'm proud to say that I have only gained 13 lbs. this whole pregnancy. I'm so excited about that with Olivia I gained way to much and it was so hard to loose. I'm hoping to only gain about 10 more, with all these stairs I'm climbing everyday in our house I think I'm getting plenty of exercise.


I also had my first doctors appointment this week since we moved here. Everything looks good, my blood pressure has been perfect this pregnancy so that is good news. My doctor seems to be really nice and I think we made a good choice. I was really nervous about picking a doctor, we loved our doctor in Lakeview, if I was rich I would probably have flown him to Utah to deliver this baby, he is an amazing doctor. After my appointment we decided to go and find the hospital that I would be delivering at just to get an idea of how far it is and where it is. Living in Eagle Mountain your kind of considered to be out in the country, so the closet hospital is only 20 minutes away which having grown up and lived in Lakeview that is NOTHING! I'll be delivering at the American Fork hospital. It looks pretty new and is so nice inside. They gave us a tour of the delivery floor, which they normally don't do. It is so much fancier than the little hospital that we have in Lakeview, Damon and I were pretty impressed.


While we were at the doctors we also had an appointment for Olivia because she has had this nasty cough since we got back from England that won't go away and it seemed to be getting worse. Well they did some x-rays and it turns out she has pneumonia! Poor thing, I felt horrible that we hadn't taken her in earlier, but with moving and all that's been going on we just figured that it would just go away. So they got her on an antibiotic and hopefully she will be all better in a couple of weeks. They will do x-rays again in a month just to see if it is all cleared up. She did so good during the x-rays and stood really still. They gave her lots of stickers and a sucker when she was all done so she was quite happy.


Damon took Olivia to the park the other day and this is what she came out wearing. She said she couldn't go without wearing a hat.

Oh you know how a couple of posts of ago I was telling you how large our new ward is. Well we thought that being in a ward that large we could go unnoticed for awhile before we got callings. Wrong, so wrong. Our second Sunday there, yes second Sunday we get callings. We are now the Cub Scout group den leaders for the bear den. Yup that's right we have about 15 nine year old boys that we get to be with once a week. It is quite an experience. We've only met with them twice so far we meet with them again tonight. Last night was so funny though we had only 3 boys show up, and I though Damon was going to pull his hair out, and they were only here for an half an hour. I told Damon after they left that we won't ever complain about having girls again. You would think that I would have a harder time with them, coming from just having sisters, but I thought they acted like regular 9 year olds. It must have been those years as a swim coach that I'm used to it.


Wow this is a huge post, sorry about the novel.






8 comments:

Bethany said...

AF Hospital is where I delivered. Who is your doctor?

Rachel said...

Sian you look way cute!! Good luck with that calling! Del is the cub scout cubmaster for our ward, but there are only like 7-8 boys. I can't imagine 15 just in one den!!

The Bell Family said...

My doctor is James Coy, he works at the Saratoga Springs Intermountain Health Clinic.

Julie said...

Your dress is so cute! I can't believe you have only gained 13 lbs!!! Lucky lady!!!
Sorry Olivia has pneumonia! That's stinks! I didn't know my kids had it either. I never would have guessed. Hope she feels better soon!
Good luck with the new calling too! Scouts is like Japanese to me!

Julie said...

Your dress is so cute! I can't believe you have only gained 13 lbs!!! Lucky lady!!!
Sorry Olivia has pneumonia! That's stinks! I didn't know my kids had it either. I never would have guessed. Hope she feels better soon!
Good luck with the new calling too! Scouts is like Japanese to me!

EmmaJ said...

Siany you look SUPER CUTE in that picture! Give miss Livi a hug from us.

Unknown said...

I love your pregnancy picture. you look so good. and good job only gaining 13 lbs so far. You're doing great. Poor Olivia it's no fun being sick. Hope she gets better soon.

And congrats with your callings. James and I had that calling before. I loved it. We only had 5 or 6 boys though. 9 is a lot. Good luck.

Karen Bell said...

That is a really cute dress, I like it a lot. I'm also glad you haven't gained to much weight, I didn't with Megan and I was really glad. If you still haven't figured out insurance, you should go to the hospital and talk to the medicade person there. My brother and sister did it two days before their baby was born and they got coverage in just those two days. Hope Livi gets better soon.