“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Friday, March 27, 2009

Whats in a name.

Well as I get closer to this baby girls due date, I start to panic that we don't have a name picked out yet. I then reassure myself that with Olivia we were the same way, we knew we liked Olivia but we couldn't decide on a middle name until she was born. Well I think it will the be the same thing with this one. Our number one pick for the first name is Sophie, we think Olivia and Sophie just fit so well together. As for middle names Damon likes Corinne, I think that's its okay. I really like Kate, and Olivia, well Olivia has been telling us from the beginning that it is Addison. NO idea where she got that from she just likes Addison. I think Sophie Addison would be nice seeing that Olivia would have picked it, but Damon doesn't like the idea of Olivia picking the name. We are still considering family names as the middle name like Lynne(which is my moms middle name) or Anne(which would kind of be after his mom and his sister Anna). I don't know though it is just so confusing and hard.

I also am really big on what the names mean. So Sophie means wisdom, and Kate means pure. So I think that would be nice her wisdom is pure.
Who knows though.
A name that we thought for sure that we would do if we had another girl is Carys, its a welsh name and it means to love. We thought having a daughter with a Welsh name would be nice just like her mom does. I have a real fear though that nobody in America would know how to pronounce it and she would have to go through what I go through on a daily basis. Its fine now but as a kid I hated it. Carys is pronounced Ka-ris.

We'll see though I think this little girl will be Sophie. But you never know she could be born and look like something completely different we'll have to wait and see. Oh I also like Sophie Grace. See just too many choices.

7 comments:

Michelle Tiller said...

For what my opinion is worth I think that Sophie is a lovely name and does fit really well with Olivia. How about Sophie Carys? Or, what about your middle name, could she have that? Or, Sophie Elizabeth after Emma (and of course me lol!). Hope you are feeling well. Thanks for your message on Facebook xxx

Unknown said...

I totally know what you are saying. with Gwenevere we had so many names picked out that the choice seemed impossible. I really thought we would call her Grace but when James saw her he knew we needed to be called Gwenevere. It's also Welsh, and means White ghost or phantom. I big into the meaning of names. Gwenevere fits because she was born at midnight pale white like a ghost. We did change the spelling because i liked the W more then the U but it's almost the same.

Also..

When James was a little boy he was about 2 and 1/2 years old when his mom was pregnant with his younger sister. He kept calling the baby Becca, his parent's didn't really like the name but one night his mom had a dream about her grandpa holding a baby girl. Needless to say they named her Rebecca and later on found out that her Grandpa's first wife was named Rebecca and was very talented at playing the piano. Rebecca, James' sister loves the piano and is super talented. So who knows Olivia could be inspired.

I can't wait to see what you name her.

sorry to make this so long. Have a good day.

EmmaJ said...

OK, here is a list of possible middle names I have been thinking about for Sophie. I have been paying special attention for weeks now at peoples' names, but especially the kids in Kindermusik.

Nicole, Sarah, Grace, Joanna, Heather, Rebecca, Jane, Charlotte, May, Beth

I don't know what any of them mean, you can look that up.

And I like Michelle's idea too. I think Frances would be nice.

The Bell Family said...

Emma too funny, I have mentioned the names Grace, Rebecca, Jane, Charlotte and May to Damon. We must be on the same wave length or something.

EmmaJ said...

I really like May, since, if she is born around her due date, it will be such an important month for all of you.

EmmaJ said...

I have another one for you... Amelia

The Bell Family said...

okay seriously I told Damon yesterday that I liked Amelia. Crazy.