“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Monday, April 6, 2009

Gifts....


Okay so I have made this baby a quilt for Olivia to give to her when she is born. I'll post pictures of it when its all done still have a little bit left to do. Damon and I both agree that we need to make the transition for Olivia becoming a sister as smooth as possible. The other thing we want to do is have the baby give a present to Olivia so that Olivia feels it is a special day for her to. The only thing is, is that I can't think of anything to get for Olivia. I want it to be something special that she can always have, but I don't know how to do that without spending alot of money. So this is where you guys come in. I need your ideas. Damon thought that maybe I should make a quilt for Olivia also but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do that. Especially if this baby comes early. I just thought of something though, I could make her a pillow case that says something like "best big sister" on it. So if you have any ideas I would really appreciate them. Thanks.
Oh that picture of Olivia was taken last summer, I just think it is so cute.

8 comments:

Michelle Tiller said...

Necklace? A toy that she wants?

Hailey said...

I was thinking maybe a couple simple charm bracelets or necklaces or something that they can have that ties them to eachother as sisters (and bestest buddies hehe) My mom got me and all my sisters simple rings when we were born with our birthstones, they were the same design, just different stones (not real) and told us we could have them when we turned 16.

EmmaJ said...

Either you or Megan got me my Speedo swimsuit. It was pink and grey and had a matching bag. I loved it. Dad sold it all real cheap at the yard sale when before we left England because he thought is was just a bag of beach toys.
I think the pillowcase is a good idea. It is like Sophie is matching what Olivia is giving her.

Dani said...

Ok, so I am finally playing catch up on all my blog hopping. You have been a busy lady. I am glad you are enjoying Utah. That is crazy that your little girl could come so soon!! How exciting! I hope that everything goes well. As for a gift for Olivia, I think matching bracelets would be cute. One for both the little girls. If you don't mind something a little less sentimental you could always get her her own baby related items, a baby doll, a stroller, baby clothes for babies she already has.... so that way you can both take care of your babies at the same time. I'll let you know if I think of any grand ideas. We'll be in the same boat in just a few short months. Good luck!

Dani said...

PS... my kids did great at the movie! We just bought them the little kids pack with popcorn, a soda, and a treat and made sure we had other treats on hand for backup. They both sat in their seats the entire time. I think the darkness and big screen combined made it feel special.

Julie said...

I agree with Dani on the bracelet idea. My sis-in-law and I made matching bracelets for her new baby girl and 2 sisters. They loved it. I always wanted to get Brynlie one of those infant carriers for her dolls, but I never got around to it. It would be fun to be just like mommy though. Let us know what you decide on. That's such a fun idea!

Michelle Tiller said...

The bracelet idea is lovely. Sophie could by her a charm for her birthday each year as well and it would be something special between the two of them

Michelle Tiller said...

By the way Emma, I'm sure it was Sian that gave you the swimsuit - it was really cool, I was so jealous!!!