“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

4 Weeks.

Sophie today at 4 weeks.

Olivia on Sunday, I love this dress and cardigan. Got it in England. I love how her hair looks with the hair clip.


Wow Sophie is already four weeks today, crazy. Both the kiddies are asleep right now, so instead of cleaning up all the toys, I decided I would do some blogging about some of the stuff that Sophie has been doing and some of the stuff Livi has been doing. Sophie is doing really good. She seems to be really strong. The other night, Damon was holding her and she was holding her head up so good. She is sleeping pretty good for the most part, if she's not asleep though she just wants to be held. So most days I have my sling on and just have her in that, so I can still do things around the house. She is getting some chub, mostly on her face and belly(she's like her mom). We tried a different formula this last week, it seemed to make her pretty gassy so we are switching to what we were using before. Hopefully this will help her. All in all she is doing great. She sleeps so much usually that I can't really complain about her being difficult. The poor kid though, Olivia barely leaves her alone. She is constantly trying to give her kisses. This would be okay if they were soft kisses, but no they are the smother you can't breathe kisses. Oh and just today Olivia decided that she could pick up Sophie. I was in the kitchen finishing loading the dishwasher, and Olivia tells me that she can carry Sophie. I look over at her and sure enough she has picked her up. I tried not to freak out, I really didn't want Olivia to just drop her, which she did but it was back into her chair, so she wasn't hurt. Now I'm really going to have to watch Olivia.
Speaking of Olivia she has been going on the potty the last 2 days with no accidents. I'm so excited. She even took a nap yesterday with just underwear on, and woke up from it and went on the potty. We are making headway. There is no turning back now, I'm getting her potty trained. I went with the girls yesterday to Walmart, with Olivia in underwear, and I got her lots of little presents. She gets to pick one out every evening for going on the potty all day. Somethings she has are bracelets, smackers chap sticks(she loves those), a play phone, a little bouncy ball. Then she also picked out a new movie "Bolt", and if she goes on the potty all week, she gets that movie. I have it sitting on a shelf above our stove, where she can see it all the time. So last night she picked out the play phone for her to have. Today she has been telling me that she wants lipstick. She is doing so good, and hopefully this will work. She seems to be responding well to it, all we had to do was bribe her with things that she wants. Such a girl is she.
Other than that life is going good, we are excited for it to be summer here. Where we live there is an amphitheater at our subdivision. In the summer they do concerts there and every Friday they do movies in the park there. So this Friday is the first one, so were excited to go and watch that.
Oh and I also went to church this Sunday with both girls and it was just me, and I survived!

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Glad the girls are good and Sophie is behaving herself. I would have totally freaked out if I had seen Livi pick her up. If we catch Betty playing with something or holding something is isn't supposed to have she always throws it down... where do they get that from?!
Enjoy the movie- glad to know those HOA fees go to some good use.

The Bell Family said...

I don't know where kids learn to throw things down. I think sometimes it is the maybe if I throw it down they won't see it. I don't know if the HOA fee's do cover this, it is the city of Eagle Mountain who puts this on. They say it is free, but that a donation would be appreciated. Meaning, you better donate or will remember who you are.

Karen Bell said...

It is a lifesaver to have the second child sleep well so you can still spend time with the first. I love Livi's dress and the clippie with the flower, very cute. That is also awsome that she is finally using the potty (we need to start bribing Lyssa better). Glad things are going good.

Rohatinsky Family said...

Yay for Olivia! Hopefully things continue to go well. And I can't believe Sophie is already 1 month old. I remember when Logan turned 1 month, the time seemed to have flown by. On one hand you feel every minute of their existence because you're doing all this work, but on the other hand you look back and wonder where the time has gone! You look great by the way. You're a very cute mom!