“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Nasty, nasty storm.

So yesterday (Friday), we had the worst weather in southern Oregon. Wind gusts were up to 70mph, I thought my house was going to be blown away. Luckily my house wasn't blown away but it came pretty close. I'm sitting in our house and I keep on hearing something banging up against the house. At first I thought it was our dog Red's dog house, so I looked out the window and what did I see (no popcorn popping, that's for sure) but some of the siding of the house. The wind had ripped of the siding, I couldn't believe it. I was so afraid that we were going to have to start this big unplanned project. Luckily Damon was able to fix it with a guy from church. Apparently it wasn't that hard to fix which is always nice for Damon. The wind was blowing so hard in Lakeview though that power lines went down, roofs came of, siding came of, trees came down. It was quite the storm.

1 comment:

EmmaJ said...

I would have been worried if you had seen popcorn popping! (Great writing BTW). I am glad that you home is all better.