“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sophie.

Poor Sophie has had quite the week. First my parents brought Olivia home this week, so all of Sophie's undisturbed sleep is now getting disturbed quite frequently. You can't blame Olivia though, she just wants to give some love to her little sister. Second, Sophie had her two week check up on Wednesday. I was a little concerned that she probably wasn't back up to birth weight and I was right. She weighed 7lbs5oz and she should have been 8lbs if not more. So we have had to start supplementing her with 2oz of formula at every feeding. We had to do this with Olivia also, I just don't produce enough milk for my kiddos. I still nurse her at every feeding, but we do the bottle first so we know for sure that she is getting something. Third, at this appointment they checked her Billi Reuben(jaundice) to see what level she was at. She had been slightly elevated when we left the hospital, and she was looking pretty yellow, especially in the eyes. Sure enough she was at a 15 which is pretty high, so they sent us the blanket to put her on. Poor girl though because it was high we went in the next two days after her appointment for them to check it some more. So she had to get her little heels pricked. She does really good though. The Billi Reuben(spelling) has gone down so we know that the blanket is working. We have had a good week though, the formula is plumbing her up in two days she went from 7lb5oz to 7lb13oz. We have a appointment for her on Tuesday and she should be back up to birth weight. If that is the case I then can ease of how much formula I give her and nurse her more. We are so glad to have Olivia back with us, we forgot just how noisy she can be though :)


Enjoy the pictures, one is of Sophie on her Billi Reuben blanket, and then the rest are just some cute ones from the last couple of weeks.






















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really beautiful baby. Just like her Mommy

Anonymous said...

It is time to change the name of your blog

Michelle Tiller said...

They are lovely pictures Sian. You need to change your Facebook as well (so does Damon) as they say that you are expecting in May!
xxx

Dani said...

She is such a beautiful baby! I cannot believe that hair! I am jealous! We had to do the bili blanket and a bili suitcase for Carter and he did heel pricks for a whole week every morning. I know it can be tedious. Hang in there! Glad things are going well.

EmmaJ said...

She is so cute Siany and she has HUGE eyes! I don't think she looks like Livi at all.

Julie said...

Look at that hair!! I love it! Sian, she is such a beautiful baby. Usually babies that little are still squishy faced, but she is beautiful! I've never met Olivia, but I think the last couple pictures look a lot like her. Did Olivia have that much hair? How fun!

Carolyn Johns said...

She is sooo adorable!!!

Karen Bell said...

You have really hairy kids!! It is really cute thought, I think she looks more like a Bell than Olivia does. I also like that picture of Damon watching TV while he doesn't pay any attention to the baby, I have several pictures of Caleb in the same pose.

The Bell Family said...

I know my kids are hairy, that is a Kings thing though, me and my sister had just that much hair and that dark to. Even Megan the blonde one.