“Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~Gillian Anderson

Saturday, May 9, 2009

We're Home...


So she's here and home with us. We came home Friday morning after two nights in the hospital. She seems to be doing really good, and sleeps a ton, I have forgotten how much newborns will sleep. She is so tiny and is barely ever not being held because we all just love to snuggle her. Everything went really well in the hospital, we went in at 7:30a.m. and they started me on an iv of antibiotics and then at 9:30 the doctor came in and broke my water and then they started me on the pitocin to get the contractions going. I don't know what time I got an epidural, all I know is that it was awesome, so much better than the one I got in Lakeview with Olivia. By 2:00 p.m., the nurse came in to check me and I was at a 8, she than had me roll over to my other side because that sometimes helps, well I did that instantly started getting really quick and hard contractions. The nurse was gone for about 4 minutes and I had Damon call her and she came back to check me and I was at a 10. So she quickly called the doctor and he got there in about 15 minutes. There was a point where I thought that I might not be able to wait for him, luckily he made it just in time. Now I don't really tell people how easy it is for me to have babies, because I feel bad for the moms that have a really hard time, but I am really blessed with the fact that having babies is very easy for me. I only pushed for about 5-10 minutes or about 4 pushes. Damon says I didn't even break a sweat. Sophie was here very quickly . She is so cute and Olivia loves her. Surprisingly Olivia is doing really well. Sophie was born on the 6th, so we did get our 5th-anniversary, 6th-Sophie's birthday, and 7th-Olivia's birthday. We gave Olivia a charm bracelet from Sophie for her birthday and she was very happy about that.

My parents went back to Lakeview today and they took Olivia with them for the week, just so I can have all this week to really recover. I was a little nervous at first simply because the longest I've been away from Olivia has only been a day. But I know she will be fine and is so excited to go on a long date with Nanny and Grandad.

All in all we are doing wonderful, just trying to adjust to now having two gorgeous little girls. We feel very blessed.















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, but there again I am VERY biased. Love Gagga

EmmaJ said...

What! Dad leaves comments on your blog!!!

Glad you are all home and doing well. She is beautiful!
Betty likes her already and wants to come and visit.

Unknown said...

Your baby is Beautiful. I'm so glad you delivery went so fast.

Happy Mother's Day

Dani said...

I am so glad that everything went so well! What a beautiful little girl. And that hair is to die for!!

Karen Bell said...

Yeah!! That is awsome that everything went so good, and I'm glad that you like epidurals as much as I do (because all of the other Bell's seem to think that natural is the way to go). Anyway, she is way cute and I'm really excited for you!!

Michelle Tiller said...

Congratulations Sian. She looks gorgeous. Glad all went well, hope Olivia enjoys her little sister xxx